By John Horne
- Comprises 38 essays via prime students who study the present kingdom of old scholarship at the First international conflict
- Provides broad insurance spanning the pre-war interval, the army clash, social, monetary, political, and cultural advancements, and the war's legacy
- Offers unique views on issues as varied as method and strategies, struggle crimes, technology and know-how, and the humanities
- Selected as a 2011 remarkable educational name by means of CHOICE
Read Online or Download A Companion to World War I (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar military history books
From the preliminary enlistment and recruitment of fellows for the opposing armies, via their demobilization in the course of the spring, summer season, and fall of 1865, Paul A. Cimbala constantly locations the solider on the heart of the tale. This booklet exhibits how the lads who signed up with the Union and the Confederacy fought their method throughout the bloody U.
The 5 volumes that represent Arthur Marder's From the Dreadnought to Scapa movement represented arguably the best contribution to the literature of naval historical past considering that Alfred Mahan. A J P Taylor wrote that 'his naval historical past has a different fascination. To unrivalled mastery of resources he provides a present of easy narrative .
Dubbed an "agent of British imperialism" via Joseph Stalin, Reginald Teague-Jones (1889- 1988) was once the fundamental English undercover agent whose extraordinary tale is stated during this new biography. He studied in St Petersburg, participated within the 1905 Revolution and spent the remainder of his lifestyles operating for varied branches of British mystery intelligence.
This article is a special and important pictorial consultant to Germany''s bomber strength. the writer has drawn on his personal archive to provide infrequent images of the German bombers and their crew.
- The Fundamental Things
- Animals in the Military: From Hannibal's Elephants to the Dolphins of the U.S. Navy
- German Naval Strategy, 1856-1888: Forerunners to Tirpitz (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- Atomics in the Classroom: Teaching the Bomb in the Early Postwar Era
- A Surgeon's Civil War: The Letters and Diary of Daniel M. Holt, M.D.
Additional resources for A Companion to World War I (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to World War I (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by John Horne